Jan 24, 2016
The Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents dive into the Season 2 Agent Carter 2 hour premiere this week! The Agents also run down the weekly Marvel news, listener feedback and live Blab viewer chat comments.
THIS TIME ON LEGENDS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.: [02:01]
-Upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy crate giveaway
-Agent Carter “The Lady in the Lake”
-Agent Carter “A View in the Dark”
-The weekly Marvel News
-Highlights From The Live Chatroom
LEGENDS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. GIVEAWAYS [02:19]
The Agents take one more week to start their next giveaway since the Marvel Collector Corps Guardians Of the Galaxy crate has not yet arrived. But Agent Haley does take the week to show off her spoils from her personal crate. Stay tuned to Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. podcast #104 to figure out how to enter the giveaway!
AGENT CARTER “THE LADY IN THE LAKE” AND “A VIEW IN THE DARK” [03:45]
The Agents we very excited for the return of Peggy Carter to prime time network television with a two hour season two premiere of Agent Carter in the midst of 5 total hours of DC and Marvel comic book related TV in one night! It was delicious to see Dottie Underwood again and in Peggy Carter’s season 1 outfit! Agent Haley tells her theory on Dottie and all the agents appreciate the slugger fighting style, coins and all, of Agent Carter back on the screen. The Agents all gush over the newly cast Ana Jarvis and look forward to seeing her relationship bloom with Peggy in the coming episodes. The Flamingo Bernard Stark, or The Devil In Pink as his Stark family friends call him, has everyone captivated and we look forward to Bernard’s future adventures and Lauren coins the term “#FlamingoAndChill.” The Agents all loved Dr. Jason Wilkes and turn to the series showrunners to try and figure out what to expect for the Doctor’s return this season. Agent Haley brings up a theory on what zero matter really is and how it might tie in to the film Doctor Strange later this year. Agent Lauren brings up all sorts of history of Los Angeles in the late 1940’s including Black Dahila, Elizabeth Short, and racism. Agent Carter also drops some knowledge on the Secret Empire and Zodiac. As Agent Carter is playing her emotions off of Steve Rogers, Jason Wilkes and Daniel Sousa, the entrance of Violet is very bittersweet. However, Agent SP brings up his theory about the potential future Mrs. Sousa. Agent Thompson proves nothing to Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. except that he is a glory hound and even Jarvis is now better in a fight than Jack. The Agents want to hear more of Hayley Atwell’s American accent and the Agents must have Archer on their minds – see if you can catch the reference in the podcast!
"The Lady In The Lake”
Directed By: Lawrence Trilling
Written By: Brant Englestein
"A View In The Dark”
Directed By: Lawrence Trilling
Written By: Eric Pearson
Written By: Lindsey Allen
Hayley Atwell talks Peggy’s relationships
Potential Doctor Strange crossover
Jessica Jones renewed for S2
Punisher series in development
DOCTOR STRANGE & BEYOND
Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 script done
Spider-Man release date changed
Legion will not take place in the X-Men movie universe
Hellfire needs new showrunners
Steve Rogers back as Cap in comics
Netflix vs. NBC and ratings
I'm loving all the Stargate and Monty Python drops. @LegendsofSHIELD
Awesome Live tweet last night
Jan 16, 2016
after many weeks I can find the time to watch Jessica Jones.
And since Netflix expanded globally even without "other means".
So here we go with the 1st episode.
- first time ever on a tv show they showed the main character
being out of toilet paper?
- enjoying the stakeout music tunes
- do what?? What dies this sappy British voice tell her to do?
- very fast and strong enough to lift the back of a car, interesting. oh, and sarcastic
- damn, Tennant licking her face!
- Purple Man wants Jessica to have meaningless sex?
- Niku's location triggering some repressed memories, and her leaving it makes my head feel dizzy
- the effect of Jessica looking at the dreaded door, I expect some Nazgul to appear
- the second Jessica left her flat and went towards the elevator I felt something BAD was about to happen, damn that was messed up!
bottom line: for a pilot it set some stuff up but didn't had me so much interested like the first episode of Daredevil; 6 out of 10 ceiling dents from thrown boots
- cop questioning Jessica, actor played a corrupt role on Person
of Interest so I can't trust his character yet in this series
- Pam's Cleavage is very prominent, I wonder if Kilgrave planted her in that office to get close to Carrie Ann Moss
- "was" Jessica's best friend? From 1st episode I suspected Trish to be her sister or somehow related
- hmmm, something flipped the bus before it fully hit Kilgrave, maybe he managed to mind-control busdriver to move abruptly the steering wheel
- fuuuu...as soon as he started writing, immediately after Kilgrave my 2nd thought was he would write "kill me"
- did Jessica subconsciously stalk Luke Cage? I'm confused
- broken bottle not even left a mark on Luke Cage's skin...something has to be up with him
- Kilgrave's weakness apparently are anesthetics, sounds to me they only need to capture him in a glass box and gas him with them, like they did in Rogue Nation
- Unbreakable and doesn't feel pain, I fear if Kilgrave manages to mind-control Luke Cage what damage he could do
bottom line: definitely got me more interested, 7 out of 10 heart-filled scrubs
Haley, Lauren and Stargate Pioneer love to hear back from you about your top 5 Marvel character lists, your science of Marvel questions, who would you pick in an all-female Avenger team, or who’s Marvel abs you would like to see. Call the voicemail line at 1-844-THE-BUS1 or 844-843-2871.
Join Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. next time as the hosts discuss the Agent Carter season two episode three “Better Angels” and Jessica Jones season one episode three “A.K.A. It’s Called Whiskey.” You can listen in live when we record Wednesday nights at 8:00 PM Central time at Geeks.live (Also streamed live on YouTube, Spreaker and Blab). Contact Info: Please see http://www.legendsofshield.com for all of our contact information or call our voicemail line at 1-844-THE-BUS1 or 844-843-2871
Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Is a Proud Member Of The GonnaGeek Network (gonnageek.com).
This podcast was recorded on Wednesday January 20th, 2015.
Standby for your S.H.I.E.L.D. debriefing ---