Jun 13, 2016
The Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Stargate Pioneer Agent Haley and Agent Lauren discuss the Jessica Jones season 1 finale episode “A.K.A. Smile.” The hosts announce a new Marvel Collector Corp Women Of Power crate giveaway. And the hosts also round up the show by running down the weekly Marvel news, respond to listener feedback and interact with live streaming chat comments.
THIS TIME ON LEGENDS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.: [02:03]
- Giveaway: Marvel Collector Corps Crate Women Of Power
- Jessica Jones season 1 finale
- The weekly Marvel News
- YOUR feedback!!!!
- Highlights From The Live Chatroom
LEGENDS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. MARVEL COLLECTOR CORPS CIVIL WAR CRATE [02:23]
The hosts announce their next giveaway for the Marvel Collector Corps Women Of Power crate. By our live show on July 20th, 2016 let us know which male Marvel Cinematic Universe character you would like to see gender swapped and WHO you would cast in the role. Make them good, make them funny but most of all just get them into us so you can be included in this Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. awesome giveaway.
JESSICA JONES A.K.A. SMILE [05:14]
- Luke Cage’s medical treatment
-- Allows Claire to come into Jessica Jones
-- Non-invasive techniques…including needles in the eye and Lauren gives the medical history of the technique
-- The nasal cavity might also be useful in Luke Cage’s situation
-- Is Claire not worried about germs? Like in college dorm rooms or drinking cups or public showers or college couches or college bathtubs
-- Lauren tells you what to ask a nurse when you meet one to start a conversation
-- Lauren also tells a close family secret about her teachers and vegetables
-- “Been there, done that, lost my lease”
-- “Take Off Your Pants”
-- Amps up on Albert’s medical mad science
-- All or nothing
-- Deranged in wanting to do bad things to Jessica
-- Hospital control, including the hospital security guard and the old lady in bed
- Kilgrave turns purple three times in this episode alone
- Code with Trish in going into Kilgrave’s apartment
-- “Teamwork. I read about that somewhere”
-- “I love you”
-- “I have to remove Dad from the face of the Earth”
-- ALBERT WAS STILL ALIVE!!!! Without any arms.
- Malcom and Nightnurse
-- Sidekicks or supporting cast?
-- Which supporting cast deserves their own show?
-- “If he got taken down we are all in the sh*t”
- All the Nightnurse’s in an ER sort of show
-- True stories of Marvel’s Superhero ER show
-- Would Alex Kingston or Ming Na Wen come back as doctors?
- Final Battle
-- Headphones and hoodie with arms extended and head down should be a superhero stance
-- Cops Shooting - all the cops - all the bullets - all the Starsky and Hutch stances
-- Crowd Fight. Was it Anti-climactic?
-- Neck Snapping ---- “I love you” ---- “Smile” --- Just like Kilgrave told Jessica to smile when she was being controlled
- How could David Tennant return to the Marvel Universe?
- Love how calm Night Nurse Claire is the whole time.
- Malcolm just wants to help people
- OGH files sent to Trish
- Alias Investigations...how can we help?
- Malcolm equivalent in the comics
- The DA - Samantha Reyes from Daredevil; Jeri Hogarth goes toe to toe.
Directed by: Michael Rymer 21 Total Titles
2xAmerican Horrow Story
Story by: Jamie King 4 total titles
Story By/Teleplay By: Scott Reynolds 6 Total Titles
Teleplay By: Melissa Rosenberg 23 Total Titles
The Twilight Saga: New Moon
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
4xBirds Of Prey
3xDr. Quinn Medicine Woman
Chris Evans denies assault by fan/panic attack at convention
Hayley Attwell does not approve of Cap/Sharon kiss
@LegendsofSHIELD This is
the mutant I want to see in the MCU, and looks like we may get that
Andi Mar 25
- ROSARIA DAWSON in the hospital!!!! Wasn't Matt Murdoch also slated to make a cameo in Jessica Jones?
- optic nerve...really don't like the sound of what they are about to do!!!
- man, that was the most cringing scene of the complete sereies
- "Penthouse, I love you" did that text mean Trish should come up or to drive to her Penthouse?
- awwww, how sweet is their sidekick talk
- "a sack of dark oozing shit in an expansive suit" Most on-point quote in this series, BRAVO!
- them showing only her legs entering the empty building with the song laying I hope we see her with some badass earphones
- Trish under the hoodie, they surprised me with that
- was so weird to see Jessica smile, though Kilgrave not noticing her shifting her focus to Trish whilst saying "I love you", was his undoing
- the showdown felt a bit anticlimactic for me, still good but nothing surprising
Bottom Line: 7 out of 10 deceptive smiles
Haley, Lauren and Stargate Pioneer love to hear back from you about your top 5 Marvel character lists, your science of Marvel questions, who would you pick in an all-female Avenger team, or who’s Marvel abs you would like to see. Call the voicemail line at 1-844-THE-BUS1 or 844-843-2871.
Join Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. next time as the hosts discuss the Daredevil season 2 premiere episode “Bang.” You can listen in live when we record Wednesday nights at 8:00 PM Central time at Geeks.live (Also streamed live on Spreaker). Contact Info: Please see http://www.legendsofshield.com for all of our contact information or call our voicemail line at 1-844-THE-BUS1 or 844-843-2871
Don’t forget to go check out our spin-off podcast, Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D..: Longbox Edition for your weekly Marvel comic book release run-down with segments by Black Adam on S.H.I.E.L.D. comics, Lauren on Mutant Comics and Neil with his pull list run-down. Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Longbox Edition is also available on the GonnaGeek.com podcast network.
Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Is a Proud Member Of The GonnaGeek Network (gonnageek.com).
This podcast was recorded on Wednesday June 8th, 2016.
Standby for your S.H.I.E.L.D. debriefing ---