May 2, 2016
The Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents Stargate Pioneer, Haley and Lauren talk Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 3 episode “The Singularity” as well as the Jessica Jones episode “AKA 1,000 Cuts.” The Agents continue their giveaway of a Star Wars Smuggler’s Bounty Cantina Crate just in time for Star Wars Days, May The 4th, 2016. Don’t forget this year’s upcoming Free Comic Book Day on May 7th. The hosts end the podcast running down the weekly Marvel news, respond to listener feedback and interact with live Blab streaming chat comments.
THIS TIME ON LEGENDS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.: [02:22]
- Welcome Strange N Unusual Productions To The GonnaGeek Network
- Free Comicbook Day (May 7th)
- Ongoing Giveaway: Star Wars The Cantina Box
- Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. “The Team”
- Jessica Jones “AKA Sin Bin”
- The weekly Marvel News
- YOUR feedback!!!!
- Highlights From The Live Chatroom
FREE COMIC BOOK DAY [03:24]
This year’s Free Comic Day is MAY 7th, 2016. Make sure you check it out!
LEGENDS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. STAR WARS SMUGGLER’s BOUNTY CRATE GIVEAWAY [04:51]
Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues their Star War’s Smuggler’s Bounty Cantina Crate giveaway. Agent Stargate Pioneer unboxes the crate to see what’s being given away in this Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. contest. Tell us which Civil War side that you are on and WHY you are on that team. Also mention why would your team win? We will be giving it away on Star Wars Day live on the podcast recording, MAY THE FOURTH be with you.
AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. “The Singularity” [06:21]
- What exactly does The Singularity mean? (Hint: Transhumanist)
- Haley gives her take on last week’s episode
- May’s badass pilot skills
- The pacing of the episode was slightly off from other Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. episodes. What was the impact?
- The Fitz and Simmons moments were special
- HiveWard and Daisy moments
- Brett Dalton is amazing in his multiple portrayals and performances
- Which named comic book Inhuman did James morph into?
- Welcome to Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Josh Hannah (Spartacus’ Batiatus)
- Ewwwww! Gruesome eye poke!
- What’s going to happen in the town that HiveWard bought?
- The Ginger Ninja is back! How many copies can she project?
- Hive is Toxoplasmosis!
- Lab coats are cool. Everyone knows that.
- Mom (May) and Dad (Coulson) were fighting in this episode
- Daisy force chocked Fitz! Full on dark side!
- Simmons shot HiveWard! Who’s next?
- General Talbot: not appearing in this episode. Just like the Hydra takedown
- The old communications are acting up trick has been played on Mack before
- We could have Science Baby Babies!
- James is basically Gambit (Maybe Hellfire)
- COULSON’s CAPTAIN AMERICA Shield!!!!!!
- Haley wraps it up with quotes from the episode
Directed By: Garry A. Brown
Written By: Lauren LeFranc
JESSICA JONES “A.K.A. 1,000 Cuts” [32:03]
- The darkest episode of the series
- We literally lost Hope this episode
- Jeri is responsible for everything that happens, and it is all bad
- Killgrave is always malicious
- The fetus remains out there
- Were Killgrave’s parent’s really trying to cure Kevin?
- That was some serious crack-house level medical equipment in Killgrave’s parents
- Simson should not be allowed to science
- 18 seconds does not make a consensual relationship
- What responsibility does Pam have for her actions?
- Did Robin act reasonably?
- Nothing happy ever happens with Hope
- Jessica gives up a superhero landing!
- Haley wraps up the episode discussion with quotes from the episode
Directed By: Rosemary Rodriguez
Written By: Dana Baratta
Written By: Micah Schraft
Deadpool Blu-Ray bonus features
Chris Evans is actually Team Iron Man
AVENGERS IMPACT: A WHIH Newsfront Special Report
DOCTOR STRANGE & BEYOND
Robert Downey Jr. in Spider-Man: Homecoming
Screenwriter shares reasoning for Ancient One casting
Photos confirm Nathan Fillion’s GotG2 role
Inhumans officially pulled from schedule
X-Men Apocalypse trailer
Tower of Terror becomes Tower of Groot?
Cajun Shaun @Cajun_Shaun Apr 22
@LegendsOfSHIELD Robert Downey Jr. will return as Iron Man for Spider-Man: Homecoming (UPDATED)
Cajun Shaun @Cajun_Shaun Apr 22
@LegendsOfSHIELD Luke Cage showrunner on finding the vibe of Marvel's latest series in hip-hop and Harlem
Dr. Gnome to you @MrParacletes Apr 22
Richard @KodiakGWC Apr 22Grapevine, TX
Richard Retweeted krysten ritter
krysten ritter @Krystenritter
A PEABODY AWARD! SO proud of our show & the whole team behind it! Go #jessicajones @tallgirlmel @netflix @Marvel
Consultant BlackAdam @Starsaber_222 Apr 22
Consultant BlackAdam Retweeted Op
@LegendsofSHIELD Guessing you guys already saw this, but I hope they do them for every movie going forward.
Consultant BlackAdam added,
I LOVE this kind of stuff #CivilWar #Avengers https://twitter.com/WHIHOfficial/status/723552966666412033 …
Cajun Shaun @Cajun_Shaun Apr 22
@LegendsOfSHIELD Iron Fist: what to expect from Marvel’s Netflix hero http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/go/40028 via @denofgeek
Richard @KodiakGWC Apr 25Grapevine, TX
Richard Retweeted io9
Nice Spoiler filled trailer. Thanks @20thcenturyfox @LegendsofSHIELD
Mystique goes to war in the latest #XMenApocalypse trailer http://on.io9.com/rFPMCcn
Dr. Gnome to you @MrParacletes Apr 25
@LegendsofSHIELD @LegendsPodcast @LilTooClinical @andiminga @The_Operator01 Cool if it's true. http://epicstream.com/news/Nathan-Fillions-Character-in-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol-2-Revealed …
0 retweets0 likes
Cajun Shaun @Cajun_Shaun Apr 25
@LegendsOfSHIELD Nathan Fillion Is [Spoiler] In Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 http://comicbook.com/2016/04/25/nathan-fillion-is-spoiler-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2/ … via @ComicBook
Richard @KodiakGWC Apr 26Grapevine, TX
Doctor Strange writer says casting Tilda Swinton as The Ancient One was a political move http://www.gamesradar.com/doctor-strange-writer-says-casting-tilda-swinton-as-the-ancient-one-was-a-political-move/ …. @LegendsofSHIELD
- how can Luke Cage's bass voice sound sooooo smooth?
- Holy frak! So they really were serious about the rape plotline of Hope and Kilgrave
- not gonna lie, in such a noisy restaurant I would use Kilgrave's power the same way like he did
- now would be the perfect time to tell Luke Cage that Kilgrave made you kill his wife, otherwise if he finds out from somewhere else it will make you look very bad
- oh finally we get to the exceptional action sequences
- and Jessica waited too long to come clean with Luke, most emotional scene for me in this series so far
- Holgarth wanting the dead fetus?!! she gonna get it analyzed to find out if something from Kigrave's DNA she can replicate his powers with??!!
Bottom line: 8 out of 10 destroyed pot bins
- Kilgrave's face full of disgust when the neighbor told him that he is in love with Jessica
- really nice to see how much they shot on location in New Yortk City
- huh, looked to me like Jessica loosened her grip on Hogart's ex, sweet jump afterwards though
- MAN! Ruben's dead body in her bed sure did wake drunk Jessica up
- Wendy showing some backbone against Hogarth, consider me impressed
- looks like Trish can't keep her cool like she promised
- YEP, Klgrave is the Top Shelf Pervert, in love with Jessica, just wanting her to love him too but from her own free will
- awwww, Kilgrave out of his suit looks so dapper, now happy family times with Jessica
Bottom line: 8 out of 10 Vintage Mickey Mouse memorabilia
- "Welcome!" A tiny tiny bit I feel sorry for Kilgrave just wanting Jessica to like him, though how he does it...NOT GOOD!
- Nirvana poster, why I'm not surprised about her tastes
- hmmm, what would a linguistics expert say that "take care of her" could mean?
- "selective consciousness", "Tomaytoh, tohmatoh", the quotes of this episode
- ah, getting it now, Jessica was in a car crash with her family and then became an orphan?
- now the "rape" topic is on the forefront, really dunno how and if Kilgrave really knows when his words does mind-control people
- whenever you believe there is nothing worse, some crazed-out parents conduct experiments on their kid
- OBI-WAN KENOBI..hell yes!!
- Jessica teaching Kilgrave the Light Side of the Force...oh boy something horrible will need to happen again
- FUCK! Fearing Hogarth will try to extract Kilgrave's powers from Hope's fetus!! EEK!!!
- Officer Simms stupid, stupid stupid!!!! As soon as you hear Kilgrave you don't look into the freaking bag!!!
Bottom line: 9 out of 10 Game Boy Colors of Doom
- surprised her plan to kidnap him worked out so far "Was murdercorpse already taken?"
- DAMM! Tennent's puppy eyes and Hogarth' icecoldness..they will make up a good pair
- yeah...finding his parents will be such a gooood idea *ironyOFF"
- "mother of the year award to bludgeon you" lol
- This case of lost love just shows again the negative repercussions of it, effing Hogarth!!
- hmmm, pills that make you feels faster, sounds fishy to me
- Hogarth did mess with the cables, didn't she?
- ending I didn't understand, did gloves or blood or touching another person counteract Kilgrave's spell??
Bottom line: 9 out of 10 misused Mother of the Year Awards
- Oh, so Jessica is just immune against Kilgrave's mind-control?
- Called it that Hogarth wanted to replicate his ability with the fetus!!
- WTF??!!!! Is Simpson Hydra or another organization, or just committed to kill Killgrave??
- side character carnage really has begun, next Wendy head trauma by hitting side of a table
- not telling her that her brother is missing will make it so much worse later on
- Pam finally sees Hogarth for what she really is, at least that worked out
- when they showed the white horse in Jessica's flashback I thought she was going mental
- see, seeeee, sister helping unintentionally Kilgrave to escape, okay she was hostile against Jessica before but now they are in this big mess
- should have seen that coming but DAMN, Hope taking the exit herself
Bottom line: 9 out of 10 unexpected deaths
Haley, Lauren and Stargate Pioneer love to hear back from you about your top 5 Marvel character lists, your science of Marvel questions, who would you pick in an all-female Avenger team, or who’s Marvel abs you would like to see. Call the voicemail line at 1-844-THE-BUS1 or 844-843-2871.
Join Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. next time as the hosts discuss the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode “Failed Experiments” and Jessica Jones episode #11, “AKA I’ve Got The Blues.” You can listen in live when we record Wednesday nights at 8:00 PM Central time at Geeks.live (Also streamed live on Spreaker and Blab). Contact Info: Please see http://www.legendsofshield.com for all of our contact information or call our voicemail line at 1-844-THE-BUS1 or 844-843-2871
Don’t forget to go check out our spin-off podcast, Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D..: Longbox Edition for your weekly Marvel comic book release run-down with segments by Black Adam on S.H.I.E.L.D. comics, Lauren on Mutant Comics and Neil with his pull list run-down. Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Longbox Edition is also available on the GonnaGeek.com podcast network.
Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Is a Proud Member Of The GonnaGeek Network (gonnageek.com).
This podcast was recorded on Wednesday April 27th, 2016.
Standby for your S.H.I.E.L.D. debriefing ---